[Wolves] OT(ish): Calling all Makers!

Andrew Lewis andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 15:33:06 UTC 2008

Hi Folks!

Great news! I just got an advanced notice from the folks at
O'Reilly.... The Maker Faires are coming to the UK in 2009!
I instantly thought of you lovely people, and I've been given
permission to forward the email to the Wolves-LUG list :)

Here is the info as it was given to me:

"We are shortly to publicly announce the first UK Maker Faire but
thought you would appreciate advanced notification.

The Make team forwarded me your names and email addresses as they
believe you might be interested in the Newcastle upon Tyne Maker Fair
on March 14th-15th 2009.

The first UK Maker Fair will take place in Newcastle 14-15 March as part
of Newcastle ScienceFest - a 10 day festival celebrating creativity and
innovation.

This two-day, family-friendly event celebrates the Do-It-Yourself
(DIY) mindset and features interactive exhibits organized by
individual enthusiasts, hobbyist groups and clubs as well as student
groups. It's for creative, resourceful folks who like to tinker and
love to make things. Maker Faire is an opportunity to share what you
do with others.

Are you interested in joining us in Newcastle and showing off your
latest exhibits?
Please let us know and we will forward you details as they become available.

I would appreciate if you could send me a list of your fellow makers
that you think would appreciate this advanced notification.

Kindest regards
Josette
###
Josette Garcia
O'Reilly UK Limited
www.oreilly.com"

This event promises to be serious fun, and I'll certainly be there
with a ribbon in my hair. I urge you folks to do the same and make a
great weekend of it!

Hope you can make it!
Spline