[Wolves] C++

Mark Croft croftyboy at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 11 09:03:10 GMT 2008

yeah visual is like m$ tradename for there group of development
environments. This gave the impression that C++ was heading towards a
rapid application development system similar to Visual Basic. I did
use visual C++ 5 & 6 back in the early 90s when i was an programming ,
doing C++ embedded modules/AutoLISP APIs(best term I can come up with)
for autocad (was all quite involved stuff).
The visual side is that is has a dialog/form tool built into it and in
turn willl create a load of predefine code to drive the UI etc.
Obvious being microsoft it was based around a lot of the ideas of how
to create object oriented code and there a massive Microsoft Class
Library to deal with things. It was a very steep learning for myself
being a junior programmer , trying to get to grips with MFC &
Dialog/form. It was also enjoyable in a sort of geeky way too.

Hope that makes some sense , my english is terrible , why i do not
both much of the time trying to put my pence worth in and also I still
really live in the world that I am comfortable and that is still M$
Windows 2000.

Mark