[Wolves] My brain's stopped working

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Thu Feb 14 10:11:40 GMT 2008

Hi folks

What am I missing? It must be something obvious?

I have two hard drives in my machine at home 1 has openSUSE the other
ArchLinux (The distro's are irrelevant really) both hard drives have
grub installed to their respective MBR's when I power on, the systems
wants/will boot openSUSE every time and does not get upset by the
ArchLinux.

If I stick 'smart boot manager' (Floppy) in and scan the partitions
(Ctrl+i) it sees and will boot Arch or SUSE which ever I choose to
their respective Grub boot loaders.

I tried the openSUSE bootloader wizard thingy-ma-jig but that refused
to detect the Arch

Is it something simple like the MBR on the Arch disk needs nukeing?
Its not a life or death problem just need the old grey matter jogging.

Thoughts, comments, bricks and bottles by return :-)

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.