[Wolves] nvidia-glx-new in hardy

Rob Parker rfdparker2002 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 16 12:09:40 GMT 2008

Those of you running hardy (like Dave Morley): I know things are almost
supposed to break, but I was wondering whether other people have found
GLX has stopped working in nvidia-glx-new with yesterday's upgrade to
169.09+2.6.24-9-8.22, as in Compiz and accelerated games don't work,
reporting they can't find a GLX extension. Also nvidia-settings (which
is now a separate package), on it's OpenGL/GLX Information tab reports
it failed to query the GLX server vendor.
I know this isn't really the place to ask this and that things do break
in development releases, but I didn't want to ask in any of the official
channels (worrying the might just say I should be using Gutsy), and was
wondering whether the problem might be specific to my card or whether
it's affecting all people using nvidia-glx-new in hardy.
--
Rob Parker <rfdparker2002 at blueyonder.co.uk>
http://www.rfdparker2002.co.nr/