[Wolves] Open Street Map

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Mon Feb 18 17:42:47 GMT 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 04:37:00PM +0000, Barbie wrote:
> On a related OSM question, I uploaded my first GPX files over the
> weekend and wanted to edit them. Not quite understanding what I was
> meant to do, I've made a pigs ear of the first map. How do I delete the
> edited map, as in the bit done on Potlach, not the original GPX points?
>
> I plan on doing a few trips round Worcestershire over the coming months,
> so hopefully my skills will improve beyond my embarrassing first attempt
> ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Barbie.

I always find editing hard work in potlatch, which is why I prefer JOSM
(which will let you delete ways that were created in other editors).

It also does nice things like making a circle of a group of points,
very useful for roundabouts, spliting ways at a point (marking a
bridge?) and a large number of plugins and presets.

Using JOSM is spent a couple of hours at the weekend marking bridges
around Wolverhampton.

--
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk