[Wolves] Open Street Map

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 17:54:08 GMT 2008

Hi Ron,

> I always find editing hard work in potlatch, which is why I prefer JOSM
> (which will let you delete ways that were created in other editors).

Sounds good. However, are there any decent tutorials to tell you how to
use it? I downloaded that first, then couldn't figure out how to use and
the website says nothing about getting you started. Hence why I started
using Potlach :)

> It also does nice things like making a circle of a group of points,
> very useful for roundabouts, spliting ways at a point (marking a
> bridge?) and a large number of plugins and presets.
>
> Using JOSM is spent a couple of hours at the weekend marking bridges
> around Wolverhampton.

There are quite a few bridges round my way, so any handy tricks and tips
would be very welcome. Around me apart from the very main roads (M5 &
A38) there is very little tracked, so I've recruited DanDan to help me
each weekend now ;)

Cheers,
Barbie.
--