[Wolves] Any Joomla 1.5 experts around?

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Fri Feb 29 15:26:37 GMT 2008

On 29/02/2008, ph004h7245 at blueyonder.co.uk <ph004h7245 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>  That is actually my next step to be honest, I've taken a browse through
>  various forums and I get the impression if you really want to stop joomla
>  from spoiling your nice flashy menus, you have to write your own
>  mod_mainmenu, so that's what I'll do.

I hope that works for you, let me know as I'm interested. I never mess
with the actual core code of Joomla I can do simple stuff like
over-write objects etc.

1.5 just sort of looks more professional (Back end) to 1.4 but;

1. I still cant get the hang of it.
2. Cant find a (Freebie) template I like seeing as the one I bought
probably wont transfer.
3. Some of the components I've purchased don't work on 1.5 even in legacy mode.
4. Too busy fixing the balls ups I've made on my current site.

Actually your mail was a bit spooky I've been messing with my site for
two days now and was thinking of somehow exporting my content, blowing
away my install and switching to 1.5 because I cant figure out these
stupid errors I keep getting but items 1. 2. and 3. is holding me
back. :-(

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.