[Wolves] Mythbusters + Ubuntu

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:14:59 GMT 2008

On 29/01/2008, Ron Wellsted <ron at wellsted.org.uk> wrote:

> http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/upgrade/4243994.html?page=3

Cheers Ron, good article.  The Ubuntu one tends to go without saying
of course :-)  but the one that really caught my eye was this:

'Cars designed to make it tough to do maintenance.'

I've been saying this for years and I happen to know that fully
skilled, do the job for a living, car mechanics say the same.  One
guy, sadly now passed away, was a brilliant 'old school' car mechanic.
 He always used to say, "if the designers had to work on a car they
would do the job right."  It's the reason I would love to get hold of
an old Series 2a or early Series 3 Land Rover.  Good old basic
mechanics that anybody can learn.  A bit like Linux really :-)