[Wolves] Programming books?

Peter Evans zen8486 at zen.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 10:22:56 BST 2008

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 09:00:41 Jayne Heger wrote:
> Who had an Acorn Electron? That was my favourite computer of all time.
> Well, actually I tell a lie, it was my brother's computer but I used to
> generally annoy him and use it.
> It was awesome!
> I remember loading up the cassettes, them getting to 99% complete and then
> it crashing and having to start all over again, but I did because it was
> sooo good! :-)
>
> Jayne

I remember that on the Spectrum you could tell if a program was loading OK by
the tones c.f. the cassette player.

That horrible sinking feeling of knowing, just knowing that Manic Miner was
not going to run because two minutes into the load there was a *squawk* where
there should have been a *warble*.

Almost makes me want to see a return to valves and switches.  Those were real
computers.
--
Regards,

Pete Evans.