[Wolves] Weekend pics! (LRL suggestions)

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 15:10:14 BST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:41:31PM +0100, David Goodwin wrote:

> - From my own point of view, I didn't find the schedule very helpful. I
> could really have done with a short paragraph on each talk explaining
> who it was targeted towards and what it covered - e.g.
>
> "Ben Collins - history of VCS; introduction to bzr; shows why bzr is
> better than X, with live demos and discussion over future developments"
>
> or
>
> "Ben Collins - covering the new merging features of bzr; and future
> developments with git - aimed at bzr users "
>
> is far better than
>
> "Ben Collins - bzr"

Here it would perhaps be better for speakers to have a little control
over what appears. There is a system called ACT (original name was A
Conference Toolkit), which allows speakers to submit their talks online,
with fields for title, duration, abstract, etc.

Trying to cut and paste stuff from emails is always problematic, so
letting the author add the content, then means you can pull as little or
as much as you need for a webpage, the programme or something!

In addition they can add photos of themselves and links to the subject
matter if they so choose.

ACT is the system used by most YAPCs and Perl Workshops.

Cheers,
Barbie.
--
Birmingham Perl Mongers <http://birmingham.pm.org>