[Wolves] Do I hate Linux?

Wayne waynelists at machx.co.uk
Sun Jun 15 14:02:26 BST 2008

Alex Willmer wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 06:45 +0100, dick_turpin wrote:
>
>> The blog goes by the name of Linux Hater:
>> http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com I've read all 27 posts, twice now, and
>> have to say that a lot of what they say is, well, true! The only
>> difference for me personally is I don't hate them for what they are
>> saying in fact I found it refreshing that someone was 'Telling like it
>> is' without worrying if they was going to be ostrasised from the
>> community.
>>

> Thanks for posting this, not something I'd seen. Linux Hater's style is
> a bit trollish, but their points are bang on.
His points are padded and mostly irrelevent.

"Another luser mantra that makes me cringe: "Linux has an awesome
software packaging system."
So lets take roll, shall we? RPM? Deb? tar.gz? ebuild? Oh, there's only
four of you? Oh, that's not so bad, right?"

Why doesn't he compare and contrast with Windows - which ONLY has ZIP,
RAR, ACE, CAB, ARJ, ISO etc etc