[Wolves] Request: Advice on ADSL fault finding or can I borrow an ADSL router?

Paul Harrison lists at milboro.com
Wed Mar 12 14:38:33 GMT 2008

Alex,

Couple of things that might help.

Firstly, there appears to be an issue with certain router's chipsets
and ADSLMax:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/realworld/144378/route-to-ruin.html

According to

http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/AR7#Devices_based_on_the_Texas_Instruments_AR7

"Netgear DG834(G) (Version 1, 2 and 3 have AR7 Chipset, version 4 has
Broadcom chipset)"  so that could be an issue.

Regardless, it's quite a helpful article on ADSL troubleshooting.

The same guy has written a fuller article on general broadband
troubleshooting in the current Computer Shopper - alas, it's not on
their website yet.

Regards,

Paul