[Wolves] OpenStreetmap on nokia N8xx

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 23:13:00 GMT 2008

I posted on this subject a few days ago but it has since disappeared.

Whilst looking for software to make traces from a GPS unit using a Nokia
N800 I found this information on 'Maemo Mapper' for reading maps:

http://bergie.iki.fi/blog/maemo_mapper-openstreetmap_and_wikipedia.html

I've finally tried the software tonight. It uses OpenStreetmap by
default and it was able to locate my home from the address without
postcode even though the area is very sparsely mapped. I'm impressed so
far! (except for some clunkiness due to me only knowing how to zoom in
and out via menus.)

Woo