[Wolves] Xfce?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun May 4 11:32:53 BST 2008

2008/5/4 James Turner <james at turnersoft.co.uk>:
> Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know how I can go about editing the X11 config file on
> > Xubuntu 7.10?  I know it sounds daft but I can't figure out how to su
> > into 'Mousepad'.  I have tried it at the command line but I don't
> > think <su Mousepad> is quite the right command.  I have cd'd into the
> > directory first by the way.
> >

>  Do you mean:
>
>  sudo <command>
>
>  where <command> is the command you want to run as root. The X11 config file
> should be /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Yes, that's the one.  The Xorg config file is where it should be, it's
rather familiar to me after messing about with it in Kubuntu ;-)  It's
just the command to fire up Mousepad (Xfce's default text editor) as
su from the console.  I had assumed it would be simply 'su Mousepad'.
In Kubuntu I type in 'su Kate' and it fires up Kate as a 'su' log in.
This does not work in Xfce :-(  I don't know where I'm going wrong...