[Wolves] Online Backup Services

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Fri May 9 10:58:21 BST 2008

Hi

Can anyone recommend an online backup service? I'm looking for some 3rd
party backup space for a couple of hosted projects as an alternative to
having an always on machine and saturating my ADSL bandwidth and rat's ass
upload speed, I think about 20GB of storage would do it. Linux Format did
a round up of such things within the last year and for the life of me I
can't find the article. They mentioned one service which was affordable
and offered rsync and ftp access amomgst other things.

Not requiring a dedicated client application to use the service is
essential as this is going to be automated, so ideally the service should
support rsync, but I guess I can do the rsync locally and gzip the end
product before FTPing somewhere.

http://www.exavault.com/rsync-remote-backup.php

looks ok, but does anybody else use or recommend any these services?

Sorry to ask here, but so far my Googling is turning up services which
require a dedicated (generally Windows only) software client to access the
backup space.

Regards,

Adam Sweet

--