[Wolves] Cheap Laptops

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 10:11:38 BST 2008

2008/5/13 Chris Maggs <chrismaggs at gmail.com>:
> Not sure if this is trustworthy, but saw it advertised on my GMail account!
>
> http://www.telebid.com/auction/asus-eee-pc-4g-7-ultra-portable-laptop-b/68882.html?from=1235010008801&n2tb=1&gclid=CKOYgZbwo5MCFQ6a1Qod8CH_oQ
>
> Any ideas?

Yes...  I have seen it advertised on Gmail too.  I took a look and
well, it is very tempting.  But, you have to 'purchase' bids.  I may
be wrong but you use your 'purchased' bids like a form of auction
currency.  Once you've used them you have to buy more.  So, you are
actually spending money simply to place a bid with no guarantee of
getting the end product.  It may look as though it only has a few
minutes left to go in the auction but once you place a bid it resets
the countdown possibly to a few hours.  This keeps happening until it
does eventually end.  Which, again if I have it correct, only does so
when nobody else bothers bidding....

Sorry, that's complicated but the system does seem to work that way.
In a nutshell I'm stearing clear because it seems too good to be true
to me.