[Wolves] xrdp

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat May 17 10:54:33 BST 2008

2008/5/16 Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk>:
> I noticed today that Ubuntu Hardy Heron has the xrdp server available as a
> standard package, allowing any standard Windows XP client to connect to GUI
> apps on a Linux server without any additional software being installed on
> the client. This strikes me as an incredible advantage for making useful
> Linux services available in an environment where you don't have control of
> the desktop.
>
> Woo

I've not heard of the xrdp server before Woo.  Am I correct in
assuming it allows a standard 'Network Drive' (Microsoft terminology
for a network connection to a 'share' on a different machine) to
either an 'app' or a 'share' onto a Linux PC running the server?  So,
if I wanted I could set up a share from the XP machine to my Linux
machine and run say GIMP from the Linux PC on the Win PC?  Or does it
need a folder or something setting up?