[Wolves] Kmail, imap and Gmail

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Mon May 19 09:10:40 BST 2008

Hi All

Following on from the recent LugRadio heretical statements about the
one true mail client Kmail I set myself two tasks, one was to mail the
two Neantherdals on the show for their haenus crime against he one
true faith and to set up imap.

Now I'm not too sure about imap and didn't want to bork my main
account so was wondering if it could be done with my Gmail one, a very
quick google and I found this http://www.linux.com/feature/122054

It works! However I do have one possible issue that someone might be
able to help with, I'm not sure I've set the trash up correctly the
instructions say;

Quote: Now, KMail should log you in to Gmail, and all your labels
should be displayed under [Gmail]. You may want to make KMail's trash
sync with Gmail's trash. To do this, go back to Settings -> Configure
KMail, click the Accounts tab, and modify the Gmail account. Change
"Trash Folder" to [INSERT YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT NAME HERE]/[Gmail]/Trash.
End Quote

I duly typed
[dick_turpin at archlinux.us]/[Gmail]/Trash

In that exact format but I'm 99% sure that's wrong anyone know what
the correct formula is unless of course that is correct?

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution.
Utilising a Rolling Release System. So there's no need for a fresh
install!