[Wolves] "Peter Cannon has just exploded!" - Mail clients?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 20:07:58 BST 2008

Well, this may ruffle a few feathers but I personally think that
Thunderbird is pants.  I gave it a good trial on both Linux and
Windows and I hated it. I found it very, very slow, unresponsive and
plain not nice to use.   I'm used to Gmail and Yahoo Mail.  Gmail
comes way out on top of both of those by the way for me but, it's not
without its faults.  As a desktop mail client I've always used Kmail
and I do like it.  The reason being that it is very similar to the
Windows world's Pegasus Mail.  However, I can only echo the suggestion
of taking a look at Claws Mail (wasn't it formerly known as Sylpheed
Claws or is it a fork of that?) as it does look very nice to me.  It's
supposed to be quick and extremely stable but I admit that I don't
have personal experience of it myself.