[Wolves] RAND (Reasonable And Non Discriminatory) licensing model

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun May 25 16:25:59 BST 2008

Quite simply, and it has to be simple for me ;-) software patents are
a very, very bad thing.  My way of looking software patents is that
they are like somebody patenting the way I walk.  So that every time I
got up I'd have to pay somebody else just to use my legs.  Or, another
less funny way of putting it, would be as though the internal
combustion engine had been patented at its inception.  Yes, today's
engines are full of little company patents for different ways of
combining fuel in the swirl chambers etc.  But what if the principle
of the engine itself had been patented all those years ago?  Somebody
would be super, super rich by now because every other manufacturer
would have to pay royalties for every engine they built :-(

Well, that's how I see it.