[Wolves] Another 9/10" inch Laptop

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 02:20:42 BST 2008

--- Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrot:

> --- ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin
> <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:
>
> > 2008/5/25 Kris Douglas <webbox.uk at gmail.com>:
> >
> > > The HP one is the MiniNote.
> >
> > Yep found it.
> >
> > > That would be cool if you could generate a list.
> >
> > Started, need to fill out the details but the
> basics
> > are up now.
>
> Cool. I'd been thinking about getting a list
> together
> myself. There is a pretty cheap and nasty one out
> there somewhere from a manufacturer I'd never heard
> of
> before but I don't know what it is or how I heard
> about it. I'll let you know if I work out what it
> was.

Duh. The go by the name of ultra-portable notebooks,
or sub-notebooks, there is list of some here:

http://compreviews.about.com/od/ultraportables/Ultraportable_Notebook_PCs.htm

and here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_subnotebooks

I think the one I was thinking of was the Polywell
PolyNote M212SC:

http://www.polywell.com/us/notebook/PolyNoteM212SC.asp

though I thought the one I was thinking of was grey.

Not to forget the Palm Foleo which Palm touted as the
most important device since the PDA but didn't really
catch fire; and the Toshiba Libretto which has been
around for years.

More as I find them.

Ad

--