[Wolves] Expressing one's love whilst out shopping...

Dave Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 11:20:56 BST 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 18:48 +0100, Jamie Taylor wrote:
> Well, not a lot of people may know this (or actually who I am, for that
> matter, but i'll save that for the next meeting, which i'll try my best
> to attend), but i currently spend my Saturdays working for everyone's
> favourite madhouse, Poundland in Wolverhampton.
> Now i see people from all walks of life, from the disadvantaged, to the
> just plain ignorant, a broad spectrum from all the classes, in one big
> pound-shaped blur.
> But today i saw something that made me smile. I served a bloke wearing
> an Ubuntu hat. I have NEVER seen anyone wearing something open-source
> related in Wolverhampton since i moved here when i was the young age of
> 11 (18 now, for what it's worth)
> So on the off-chance that it was a fellow wolves LUG member, thank you
> for making me smile today. I was the short cashier who complimented you
> on your choice of headgear, if you're wondering.
>
> I know it's not really much to go on about, and it's only really a
> passing thought for the day, but it made me smile. And in this world,
> anything that makes you smile is worth a mention.
>
> -Jamie Taylor

Sorry I didn't reply earlier this mail seemed to slip through the net :(

It was I you glorious Lugmaster wearing the Ubuntu Cap in Poundland.  I
would of stopped and chatted but Saturday was just a blur we had so much
to do unfortunately.  Maybe next time I'm in the vicinity I'll look you
up and annoy the other customers ;).

On a side note feel free to come along to the meetings and get your
Smile topped up once a fortnight :)
--
Seek That Thy Might Know