[Wolves] Another 9/10" inch Laptop

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 21:09:06 BST 2008

--- dick_turpin <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:

> Adam Sweet wrote:
> > I didn't post the link so you can compare prices,
> > posted it so you can see a list of some ultra
> mobiles
> > that you might not have in your own list. The
> point at
> > which I posted it the criteria was "What other
> > ultra-mobiles are there?", there was no suggestion
> in
> > your original email that said it had to be less
> than
> > this big or have these specs or even that it had
> > run Linux.
> >
> > Remind me not to bother next time.
> >
> Whoa whats all that about? Wrong time of the month
> or something?
>
> I know you didn't intend me to compare prices, I
> understood it was a way
> of displaying a *List* of available units from which
> I could pick those
> I felt relevant to display in my list.
>
> I've re-read my reply to you and cannot see anything
> ungracious in it I
> was simply commenting the glut of GoCompare sites
> that are taking over
> the net as of late and highlighting the fact that
> I'm a lazy git and
> cannot be arsed to update prices possibly on a daily
> basis.
>
> As for specifications the subject line indicated
> 9"/10" inch Laptops
> nothing more and nothing less also later on in the
> thread I mentioned
> that most units should be able to run Linux in this
> day and age.
>
> Now I'm totally bemused as to what it is I've
> Written, said or done
> thats offended you so much but whatever it is you've
> got the wrong end
> of the stick so your gonna have to work really hard
> if you want your
> yearly snog at LugRadio Live this year.

Blush. Sorry I didn't mean to be so over-sensitive. I
appreciate now that it wasn't your intention, but at
the time I thought you were just giving me a "why the
**** are you linking me to a price comparison website?
If I needed one of those there are loads of them I
could find".

I've read it again and maybe I'm wrong, but you can
read your message both ways. It's not the first time
I've been over-sensitive here and perhaps I shouldn't
be so quick to read things the wrong way but I
couldn't see it the other way until you pointed it
out.

Sincerest apologies. No tongues this year though :)

Ad

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/