[Wolves] OT: Windows is 25

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 15:18:12 UTC 2008

Kevanf1 wrote:

> I'd actually love to run a live CD and would without a second thought
> but for the fact that for some reason no live CD can access the web on
> this PC.  No problem if I pop a hard drive in and do a full install
> (I've used small capacity drives for this in the past) all network is
> fine.  It's just live CD's don't want to know :-(

If you have a few minutes to spare for it, try the following series of
commands:

route -n
    (should be an entry listed for destination 0.0.0.0)
nslookup www.google.com
    (should list various IP addresses for aforementioned site)
ping www.google.com
    (should indicate a response)
telnet www.google.com 80
    (should indicate that it connected to the host)

If you want to post the output of these to the list then someone may
well be able to help get to the bottom of it.

Regards,

James