[Wolves] On topic: Musical quotation

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 21:20:42 UTC 2008

"When there's not a lot of money being generated, people leave you alone
to do whatever you want and a little bit of chaos is allowed to
flourish. It's at points like that where art can get very exciting But
when it becomes valuable, that's when corporate culture tries to seize
it or buy it or own it. It was something that happened not just to punk
rock, but hip-hop and pretty much every music form since"

Debbie Harry, NME, 6/8/8

Is code art? Is free software valuable yet? Do we want this to be 'The
year that Linux makes it big' or do we want to hold on to anarchy in the UK?