[Wolves] Mail servers

Simon C. Burke simonb at geek-web.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 15:39:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, David Goodwin wrote:

> Dave Morley wrote:
>> Okay this is confusing me now :(  I got Maildir setup nicely now \o/  My
>> only issue now is that I can only send messages via my local network.
>> While this is probably the most secure method it would be nice to send
>> mail when not at home.  Any clues gladly received as to what I've
>> missed :)
>>

> mx records? firewall settings? mta config?

I would hazard a guess its either firewall (open up port 25 and that
should be resolved), or mta setup (allow authenticated relay from
anywhere?).

I dont quite see how it could be MX records though as that defines who
handles mail for a domain, which comes after sending it. If theres an
issue there it would be DNS lookup rather than someone everyones MX
records.

Regards,
Simon B.