[Wolves] FOSS, who's it for? Us or them?

Christopher Fox chris at robotninja.net
Thu Sep 25 09:13:46 UTC 2008

On 9/25/08, dick_turpin <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:

> Yes your absolutely right as far as 'The Business' goes, I'd even agree
> that if they had written, invented or conceived the idea themselves then
> who am I to complain but thats not the case, in effect they nicked the
> code for their own purposes which of course is what capitalism is all
> about, without (for the minute) giving it back 1st to those they nicked
> it from who's . Thats the top and bottom of my complaint.

Oh c'mon. "nicked the code for their own purposes" is a bit
pejorative, isn't it?

Or are you actually accusing Google of failing to comply with the
terms of the licence for the code they've used?

Otherwise I don't see the problem. Some people wrote some code and
released it under a particular licence, and some other people used the
code did precisely what they were requested to do in that licence. So
what?

Chris

--
And now, for something completely different...
chris at robotninja.net