[Wolves] sudo apt-get update

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Thu Apr 23 10:21:34 UTC 2009

Steve Wilson wrote:
> Can anyone help please??
Right I've read most of the mails in this thread and currently have a
nose bleed from the overkill of information.
1. Leave synaptec, terminals or whatever alone for the minute, do not
try and update.
2. Can you or cant you get on the Internet from the Ubuntu box? (I'm not
interested in what the XP box can do)
3. If the answer is "No" please switch your router off for 15 minutes
after 15 minutes switch it back on, *wait* for an IP to be dished out to
the Ubuntu box and try again to get on the Internet either via a browser
or elinks (if you have no GUI) www.sony.com, www.whatsmyip.com anything
other than stuff you've currently tried to access.
4. Can you or cant you get on the Internet from the Ubuntu box? (I'm not
interested in shares etc)