[Wolves] Couple of probs with directory access and putty colours

Wayne waynelists at machx.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 14:52:27 UTC 2009

Hiya,

Work progresses with my Fedora 10 /Exim/Mysql/Apache server but a couple
of wierd things.

Trying to get Eximon to work, it could't access /var/log/exim and indeed
the permissions seemed wrong so
I changed them to 777 and chown exim, and now they work.
But as user I cannot see the contents (via winscp), but can as root.

Putty thing - trying to get Webalizer working, i've created the
directory as /var/www/html/usage and change the permissions
and ownership to apache, but cannot access it via browser (403). In
putty I see the directory is highlighted in green, but cannot find
any explantion of what the colors mean in putty (how to change them -
but not what they are!).

regards

wayne