[Wolves] Couple of probs with directory access and putty colours

Andy Jewell andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 15:02:58 UTC 2009

Hi Wayne,

I'm new on this list - so all please forgive me sticking my oar in!

I can't help with the Exim or Webalizer issues, but the coloured
directory listing issue can be solved by using the "-F" and "-l"
switches on the "ls" command. -F means "classiFy" - and will append a
character to the end of each file-name (a "/" for a directory, a "*" for
an executable (i.e. program), an "@" for a link, etc). -l means "long"
listing and gives you (amongst other things) the permissions, size and
modification date of each file.

On one of my CentOS systems, green means executable - this may or may
not be the same as Fedora.

HTH

Regards,
-andyj