[Wolves] Ubuntu 9.04

John Rose john.aaron.rose at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:05:13 UTC 2009

Ron,

Thanks for tip. Couldn't find tracker-processes spec'd in release notes!
Notes referred to bug 361205. Trawled through: tried suggestion of:
sudo apt-get install tracker tracker-utils --reinstall
tracker-processes -r
That worked. But no tracker on sys tray. Checked tracker startup (in
Sessions menu entry) and thus ran /usr/lib/tracker/trackerd: gave
(trackerd:16978): Tracker-WARNING **: Error loading
query:'sqlite-fulltext.sql' #0, Cannot use virtual tables in shared-cache
mode. I find this sort of thing pretty commonplace on launchpad i.e.
incomplete fixes and no regression testing. Same often applies to Ubuntu
ppa's e.g. recent Frescobaldi ppa install results in all sorts of bizarre
kde messages: presumably due to Frescobaldi only being tested for kde even
though launchpad states that it is suitable for Ubuntu & Kubuntu. I still
don't understand what the best spec for hda_intel sound cards is in
alsa-base.conf (covered in numerous launchpad bugs).

Anyway, I enjoyed that rant!

Regards,
John
07894 211434