[Wolves] Any clever Ideas???

Constantin Orăsan c.orasan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 11:38:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

Hello, I don't know what happened to my computer, it was working fine, I
> could use desktop effects, and I could watch movies with mplayer and
> stuff like that, I tried to view one movie on my tv connecting it to my
> pc (I have done it before with a proyector) It told me it needed to
> reconfigure something (i didn't understand completely what) and I
> clicked ok, gave my password, then restart my session and now I can't
> use effects nor view movies, it says I have not enough resources, what
> can I do? If you can tell me how is this kind of problem called, I can
> google it, any way, thank you.

"Not enough resources" ... are you sure you are running Linux and not
Windows. That sounds like a Win error ... just kidding.

You problem sounds very much like xorg being misconfigured. Most programs
that change xorg make a backup copy for /etc/X11/xorg.conf See whether you
can find a file /etc/X11/org.conf.bak try to use that one.

Alternatively you can try to reconfigure Xorg
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/ubuntu-linux-how-to-reconfigure-x-windows-system-xorg-server/

Good luck

dinel