[Wolves] Christmas Quiz 2009 Reminder

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Tue Dec 15 22:27:00 UTC 2009

This is your last chance to take part, I will be giving the results at
the Christmas meal tomorrow night.  I will accept paper answers on the
night.

There are a couple of prizes.

Having failed to cause enough suffering in past years, here is my latest
attempt.

As usual, email your answers directly to me, not to the list.

Previous quizzes are at:
 http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/wolves/2003-April/001451.html
 http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/wolves/2007-December/023818.html and
 http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/wolves/2008-December/025869.html

Lets start with a couple of really easy questions first, later on they
will get quite interesting!

1.What is deoxyribonucleic acid better know as?

2. Which famous fictional character first appeared in “Beeton's
Christmas Annual 1887”?

3. What is the most dangerous type of animal that has ever lived?

4. Who reached No. 7 in the UK charts in February 1993 with an unusual
cover version of a song?

5. What are the ratio of the dimensions of the monolith(s) in "2001: A
Space Odyssey"?

6. What was the name of the ancient race of beings that had inhabited
the "Forbidden Planet"?

7. What is the name of the chief robo psychologist in the "I, Robot"
series of stories by Issac Asimov?

8. Which infamous fictional character attended the University of Ingolstadt?

9. What is 1/65536 of a circle known as?

10. What was the Enigma machine originally used for?

11. What does the word "drupal" mean in english?

12. What is the oldest domain name (not tld!) on the internet?

13. What natural phenomenon was discovered in 1972 by the French
physicist Francis Perrin?

14. Which novella by Charles Dickens features time travel as a major
plot element?

15. What does the lumberjack have for tea?

16. Where do most tigers live?

17. Which eye did Nelson wear his eye-patch on?

18. Who invented the first known steam engine?

19. Who introduced tobacco to England?

20. In the 1942 film "Casablanca", who said "Play it again Sam"?

- --
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk
N 52.567623, W 2.136111 Linux Counter No. 202120
Ekiga: 645022