[Wolves] help!

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Sun Feb 8 02:42:48 UTC 2009

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 10:01:23PM +0000, Andrew Lewis wrote:
> 2009/2/6 Andrew Lewis <andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk>:
> > No, it's very odd - my configuration is telling me that I receive my
> > own messages, and yet when I send a message I don't get a copy - even
> > though other people can see it. The really strange thing is that I've
> > got 3 different accounts on the list, and I don't get copies of my own
> > post sent to any of my active accounts. Other people can reply to my
> > posts, and I can see that, but not the initial message.

I am not a gmail user but I have heard that it does not show you
emails sent to yourself:

http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Help-Discussion/web/send-email-to-self

> Incidentally (and apologies for top posting earlier...) should the
> archive of messages automatically show new messages as they appear -
> or is there a lag between posting and archiving?

Is this a mailman list?  If so then yes it should be fairly quick
(seconds) using the internal pipermail archiver.  Best to check the
archive settings of the list to ensure you have actually enabled
archiving.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB