[Wolves] making xbox 1(orignal - running linux) wireless

roundyz at hotmail.ru roundyz at hotmail.ru
Sat Jan 24 07:20:45 UTC 2009

Mark Croft wrote:

>> > You either need a wireless bridge if you need to use the ethernet port
>> > else zydas usb dongles are well supported in the 2.6 branch of the
>> > kernel. You just need to either make an adaptor or buy one a few quid of
>> > ebay.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> > Matthew Round

>> i guess the usb adaptor will only been seen within linux on the xbox
>> or would the dashboard (can't remember name now) and Xbox Media player
>> thing also know how to communicate with usb wireless dongle?
>> Thanx for help

You geuss right, linux only. much cheaper than the bridge though. I
tried gentoox on there before (by shallax I think) was a little heavy
even with xfce, but should run great as a 24/7 rtorrent box
/smbserver/media tomb :)

What ever you choose, good luck and remember xbox-scene has great
tutorials/guides to help.

--
Regards,
Matthew Round