[Wolves] Wolves Digest, Vol 299, Issue 1

DragonMaster LUG at clews.homelinux.net
Mon Jul 6 13:07:29 UTC 2009

> Sorry I think I got Adam mixed up with Dave even the sodding email system
> confuses me!
>
> jenette palmer

Hi Jenette,

  You say that you have just recently started with Linux, Could you let us
know which distibution you use, and which packages you have had success
with...

Re. your comment above, are you using ThunderBird.  If so, this will
operate virtually identically to the Windows version, similarly OpenOffice
works identically.

  You said that there are 91 packages that need continuous updating.  When
the updater starts and lets you know this, are you asked for a password
to continue?  If you are, then enter your normal login password and it
should then run in its own world ;-)  If you are being informed
repeatedly, this indicated that there is a problem with the update - the
password was incorrect, or the package list is out of date.  Either way,
the system <should> let you know.  If you can post the message, then
that will help.

  Keep slogging there, it's worth it in the end :lol:

DM