[Wolves] Ubuntu-Iphone...

fish at politicalpenguin.org.uk fish at politicalpenguin.org.uk
Mon Jul 13 06:33:16 UTC 2009

The simple answer is, if you're trying to 'tether' (which I think is the technical phrase you're after rather than sync) your computer to the Iphone 3G so as to use it to access the internet is that you can't.

However, if he's bought the Iphone 3GS then you can, assuming he's paying O2 to hideously rip-off extra £15 a month to allow tethering.

Or unless it's jailbroken. However how are you trying to connect? Iphone doesn't have data transfer via bluetooth nor do I think you can reverse the wifi to turn them into hotspots like you can with Nokia's so are you just using a usb wired connection?

Gareth