[Wolves] Business Start Up (Was Proposed Talks)

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Tue Jul 14 21:04:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 21:55 +0100, Claire wrote:
> I know, think before you click send.. sorry for the flood.
>
> A business bank account can take up to 6 months to set up so once you've
> decided to go ahead with the whole business thing begin the process to
> open one. Some are free, at least for a while. Some offer good rates for
> accepting cash, some are cheaper for online payments, some can be
> managed at the post office etc so shop around. Also if you are going to
> need to accept card payments shop around for that too, rates are
> negotiable but depend on how much you put through them and a good rate
> can make a big difference. Think how you will need to accept payments,
> which will depend on your business.
>
> Also, finally *phew* think about joining the FSB - Federation of Small
> Businesses. They give free 24hr legal advice and offer various
> protections, benefits and respectability. It is relatively low cost.
>
> Get used to thinking profit, to a large extent turnover is irrelevant.
>

> Thats it, Im done :)

Abbey is permanently free and takes one form to set up and about 7 days.

It's also the one recommended by the IR because it is free.  Only draw
back is you can't use the counter for any transactions with that
account.  But hey that's what internet backing is for right :)
--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk