[Wolves] Business Start Up (Was Proposed Talks)

Stephen Welch stephenw at invictustechnology.co.uk
Tue Jul 14 21:41:01 UTC 2009

Claire wrote:
> I know, think before you click send.. sorry for the flood.
>
> A business bank account can take up to 6 months to set up so once you've
> decided to go ahead with the whole business thing begin the process to
> open one. Some are free, at least for a while. Some offer good rates for
> accepting cash, some are cheaper for online payments, some can be
> managed at the post office etc so shop around. Also if you are going to
> need to accept card payments shop around for that too, rates are
> negotiable but depend on how much you put through them and a good rate
> can make a big difference. Think how you will need to accept payments,
> which will depend on your business.
>
> Also, finally *phew* think about joining the FSB - Federation of Small
> Businesses. They give free 24hr legal advice and offer various
> protections, benefits and respectability. It is relatively low cost.
>
> Get used to thinking profit, to a large extent turnover is irrelevant.
>

> Thats it, Im done :)

Not sure an account would take that long unless it was some dodgy
overseas hide away!!

I would add ....

No Limited Company = No Business Account.

Also join relative organisations like UKITA BCS , etc, etc.

I am still getting use to the thinking bit - there seems too much to
think about someday's!!

I am going Ltd soon.  My accountant said you will save 7% being limited
if you take a minimum wage (£6k per year I think) and pay the rest in
dividends.  At about £30k turn over and above it becomes a viable option
- of course he would say that as I will have to pay him circa £200 more
next time round.

Just got to get organised - which is why I am turning to OpenERP to be
my business system after using vtiger crm.

I would recommend  some sort of system also as it will make thing easier
in the long term and give you visibiltiy of wtf you are doing!

WTF am I doing?