[Wolves] Business Start Up (Was Proposed Talks)

Stephen Welch stephenw at invictustechnology.co.uk
Tue Jul 14 22:00:19 UTC 2009

Claire wrote:
<snip>
> Don't underestimate the amount of work it takes. Not just the work bit
> of it but the background work your customers won't see, the planning,
> the negotiating, the day to day administration, the directing. The
> boring bits. Holidays will become a thing of the past! If you must run
> it from your own home, designate a room/garage/shed to it that you can
> leave at the end of the day, it's easy to become your business and lose
> yourself. Especially so if your business is closely related to your
> hobby. You need to be able to switch off.

<snip>

Whole heartedly agree!!  I thought I was a hard working conscientious
type during employment.  But bugger my hard drive it is a lot harder in
self employment.
> One final, final, final thing.. W.E.E.E. Its a pain! And remember, pride
> comes before a fall, theres no place for it.

Its worse than that (with a sort of biblical head on) its /Pride goes
before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

/It is great fun though but, if you can temper that with the thought "AM
I GOING TO GET PAID" every time you meet a new client then this will help.