[Wolves] Business Start Up (Was Proposed Talks)

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 11:13:51 UTC 2009

> boring bits. Holidays will become a thing of the past! If you must run
> it from your own home, designate a room/garage/shed to it that you can
> leave at the end of the day, it's easy to become your business and lose
> yourself. Especially so if your business is closely related to your
> hobby. You need to be able to switch off.

I'll second that; we started at home, and soon found that we'd be
working from 7am to 7-8pm... in reality it wasn't very productive
time, and we benefitted a lot from getting an office somewhere.

There are business centre type places, where you can e.g. hire a room
on a monthly basis (pay up front, quite cheap, all bills included etc)
which are aimed at startups... there are also science parks which are
aimed at people who have more money than sense (from waht I've seen
they're very pricey).

David.