[Wolves] Wolves LUG 10 years old

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Jul 24 15:36:30 UTC 2009

2009/7/24 Adam Sweet <adam at adamsweet.org>:
> Re-LoaD wrote:
>
>> And don't forget the Jokes.....oh the jokes... what was that story,
>> something to do with Jono's car and a Turd I think.... I could be wrong...
>
> but I might be embellishing of my
> own accord.

a little :)

> What a disgusting car :)

it was before the turd.

He used to have a little Fiat Uno Van that he inherited from his
brother Simon and it stunk a bit from damp and the fact alsorts got
left in the back.  I remember the van from 6 months before and it had
cultivated it's own culture back then and apparently a few spillages
and a bit of damp had been left to grow to stop the tides of people
asking for lifts.  Which probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

When he woke up to go to university one morning he found a perfectly
formed walnut whip shaped turd that could only be human on the bonnet
with possibily a pair of footprints.

I think the more disgusting bit involved him removing it but I'm
tickle stomached so I probably forgot that bit ;)

Lee Jordan lived with Jono at the time so he might remember more
details as I bet he's heard the story a hundred times.

As for the oggle box, nobody mentions the oggle box but the gorilla
joke was awesome. :)

Ron Wellsted wrote:

> Sound like we need to organise a celebration in November!
>
> Some of the key events that I remember:
>
> Aq joining us (2002?).

Might have been 2001 as he was well installed by the time I returned
to the lug around 2002

> LugRadio - 2003 (lugradio.org was registered by Matt on 16 May 2003).

It was about the November before that the chat started.   I just
didn't think anybody would get off their arse and do anything until I
was invited to start recording.

> Jono's birthday meal at The Standard, it went on until the early hours
> and most of the attendees failed to show up for work the next day.  Not
> sure if it was the food (maybe) or the quantity of drink (probably).

yup, I snogged Aq that night for some reason.   Thankfully I can
barely remember it

> 2004? Christmas Meal - about 40 people squeezed into the back room of
> The Standard (whatever standard they used, it was easy to achieve!).

probably the greatest meeting ever.   The Christmas before was more
manageable and I didn't leave it feeling like I'd ignored half of my
mates but the big Standard night was cool

> First ever trip to the Pie Factoy - deep fried black pudding as a
> starter. Aq's face on being served a mixed grill on a shovel.

lol, another good night.   Local boy James was such a regular they did
a Vegetarian Cow Pie ;)

I can remember taking pictures of the Heath Robinson machine with a
little card on it as part of some unmemorable visual joke and it
taking about 15 mins and a couple of quid of mobile phone call for Aq
to blog on the lug site from his ickle linux palm top.

sparkes
--
Steve 'sparkes' Parkes - blog zx-81.com