[Wolves] Open Science, Open Source Festival

Andrew Lewis andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk
Fri Jul 24 19:00:56 UTC 2009

2009/7/24 Antonio Roberts <antonio at hellocatfood.com>:
> I think it's a great idea. When would you be wanting to hold it? Would
> it coincide with any other events?
I was thinking sometime at the start of the university calendar, so
that all new students could get involved - probably towards the end of
September 2010. The idea is to promote information exchange between
science and technology disciplines, and to give students a chance to
get their hands on OSS for science.

Having a basic skills boot camp could help out new students and a few
family events might get younger people and parents involved, too. I'm
portraying this as a science-geeky type of event, but I really want to
get animators and artists involved - the wider the skills base the
better. It's  all about open software, open hardware, and open skills.