[Wolves] Open Science, Open Source Festival

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Jul 24 19:26:07 UTC 2009

2009/7/24 Andrew Lewis <andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk>:

> Having a basic skills boot camp could help out new students and a few
> family events might get younger people and parents involved, too. I'm
> portraying this as a science-geeky type of event, but I really want to
> get animators and artists involved - the wider the skills base the
> better. It's  all about open software, open hardware, and open skills.

I can't be sure what I'm doing around that time so I can't confirm my
interest but these guys might be interested in joining in (I think
Peter Oliver is involved) http://www.fizzpop.org.uk/ it's what the
brum hackspace eventually ended up being called.   They are based at
http://www.frictionarts.com/ who are arty hackers as are the video
nerds at http://www.vivid.org.uk both of which might now local artists
interested in joint hacking sessions.

Oh and don't forget the School of Art and Designs - Design for
Multimedia, Games Design and Animation courses some very talented
people there as well.

Hope this helps a bit ;)

sparkes

--