[Wolves] Open Science, Open Source Festival

Andrew Lewis andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk
Sat Jul 25 13:31:10 UTC 2009

2009/7/25 Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com>:
> Ah, the simple skill of soldering... to which, for some people, is
> anything but simple.  No, no mockery intended as solering is actually,
> in reality quite a skill.  To do properly that is.  I think it all
> sounds like an excellent idea.
>
> Do you intend on holding small electronics workshops too?  Breadboard
> stuff I mean with simple but interesting little projects that can fire
> up an interest in electronics?  Like alarm circuits that are
> practical.  I'd come to something like this.

That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking to do - bring the
maker/hacker mentality out into the open for everyone. Workshops,
tutorials, lightning talks, bofs and all manner of discussion and
demonstration about how to do stuff yourself. Hopefully, not just for
electronics, but for science stuff, too.