[Wolves] Wolves LUG 10 years old

Jayne Heger jayneheger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 18:16:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:32 AM, James Turner <james at turnersoft.co.uk>wrote:

> Stephen Parkes wrote:

> wrong...
> >> but I might be embellishing of my
> >> own accord.
> >
> > a little :)
> >
> >> What a disgusting car :)
> >>

> > it was before the turd.
> >
> > He used to have a little Fiat Uno Van that he inherited from his
> > brother Simon and it stunk a bit from damp and the fact alsorts got
> > left in the back.  I remember the van from 6 months before and it had
> > cultivated it's own culture back then and apparently a few spillages
> > and a bit of damp had been left to grow to stop the tides of people
> > asking for lifts.  Which probably seemed like a good idea at the time.
>
> Remember it's name - "The Stink Mobile"?

Ha! - I remember that incident actually, and before you all say it - No it
wasn't me who crapped on his car! - that was funny though :-)

I remember my very first visit to the LUG, 2002/2003ish, and finally meeting
all the great people that were there at the time - Jono, Aq, Adam, Chris
(who gave me a lift back, where is he now?), Dan (hehe!) ;-)
Can't remember who else was there, but it was a fantastic night and I really
enjoyed myself going to them.
The thing I liked about the Wolves LUG was all the rude jokes and the funny
banter between Jono and Aq (I swear those two should go into comedy, they'd
make millions!)
I don't think I have actually said it before but I just want to say thankyou
ever so much to everyone on this list for making me feel welcome at the LUG
when I went, seeing as the lack of women, other places could have made me
feel so awkward, but I immediately felt at home here.

Another 10 years!!!

Jayne
xxx