[Wolves] Wanted: SCSI CD drive to borrow

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Tue Jun 16 11:05:32 UTC 2009

Ron Wellsted wrote:
> James Turner wrote:
>> Adam Sweet wrote:
>>> Hi, I'm on the scrounge again :)
>>>
>>> Does anybody have a SCSI CD drive I could borrow?
>> I have a SCSI CD-ROM drive you can KEEP if you'd like. Performance may
>> not be great compared to a modern one but it should still work. Can
>> bring it tomorrow.
>
>> Special offer open for a limited time only: FREE Digital Alpha server
>> with every SCSI CD-ROM drive! :) Let me know if interested.

Bollocks, I didn't think you'd hear that :)

> I might also have an old 4x SCSI CD-ROM
>
> Very special offer!!! NO free Digital Alpha server with every CD-ROM
> drive ;-)

What to do, what to doooooo. Performance isn't an issue, the Ultra 30 is
no speed demon, but I'm a sucker for non-x86 and it's just for the
installation. I guess I owe it to James to take the Alpha back off him,
trade him a Risc PC and give him the Ubuntu book I promised him some
time back in November or something, but I'd be grateful if you could
locate yours Ron, just in case I have any problems and I need you to
find it.

Thanks everyone :)

Ad