[Wolves] Sync Solution (Windows) required

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 22:05:13 UTC 2009

dick_turpin wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Anyone know of an OSS sync app that'll run on XP to sync an image folder
> on a network machine to an image folder on a website.
>
> The idea is to use the network (images) as a working DIR sync to the
> remote which will be used for web/internet/email based stuff.
>
> Now I have Filezilla, its not really an FTP program per say I'm after I
> need something that will sync once (Automated) a day but has a sort of
> boost button that will let you run an immediate sync.
>
> WS FTP (Pro?) used to have this, I think it was an addon, also Mr Google
> tells me Filezilla used to have it too.
> I don't need to upload the whole DIR just an incremental update in effect.
>
> Any ideas?

Mr. Turpin,

Do you want OSS or just free? When I tried to use Rsync at work, all
Bill's freedom-hating fanboys
laughed at me and pointed me at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocopy

I shall reluctantly agree that it seems to do a reasonable job and
probably won't be (deliberately) broken by a Microsoft upgrade.

Now I feel dirty. I have just discovered on a trip to Germany though
that my boss's boss is trying out Ubuntu at home and he likes it :-)

Woo