[Wolves] Sync Solution (Windows) required

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Thu Mar 5 09:42:32 UTC 2009

Andy Wootton wrote:
> dick_turpin wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> Anyone know of an OSS sync app that'll run on XP to sync an image folder
>> on a network machine to an image folder on a website.
>>
>> The idea is to use the network (images) as a working DIR sync to the
>> remote which will be used for web/internet/email based stuff.
>>
>> Now I have Filezilla, its not really an FTP program per say I'm after I
>> need something that will sync once (Automated) a day but has a sort of
>> boost button that will let you run an immediate sync.
>>
>> WS FTP (Pro?) used to have this, I think it was an addon, also Mr Google
>> tells me Filezilla used to have it too.
>> I don't need to upload the whole DIR just an incremental update in effect.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> Mr. Turpin,
>
> Do you want OSS or just free? When I tried to use Rsync at work, all
> Bill's freedom-hating fanboys
> laughed at me and pointed me at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocopy
>
> I shall reluctantly agree that it seems to do a reasonable job and
> probably won't be (deliberately) broken by a Microsoft upgrade.
>
> Now I feel dirty. I have just discovered on a trip to Germany though
> that my boss's boss is trying out Ubuntu at home and he likes it :-)

Cheers Andy
Seeing as I've spent our budget of £32 on that book for rancid, gut
wrenching, hateful Zen Cart I was hoping for free.

I like Dave's suggestion but I'll have a play with yours today and then
with your suggestion after ;-)

P.S. Andy: Seeing as you're a 'Band Man' have you seen that Portland?
Are they any good? I think the girl in the band fancies me, she keeps
tweeting me. :-)

Mind you its not surprising I'm the best looking with Wolves-Lug :-P