[Wolves] Article on Internet Architecture

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Tue Mar 17 12:00:55 UTC 2009

I found this article absolutely fascinating. It starts off discussing
the guys that spends all their time on a boat at sea fixing the under
sea cables, then discusses the places where these cables hit dry land
and spread across the continents before discussing the impact of an
attack on one or more of these places.

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-03/who-protects-intrnet

Being a geek, I particularly liked the Google Maps mash-up which shows
you a traceroute of traffic from their datacentre to an address you specify.

http://www.popsci.com/content/trace-your-route

Seems slightly weird that to one of my servers, hosted in a datacentre
in London, which is or is at least near one of the major UK peering
points, data comes from the USA via Poland before coming to the UK.